Here comes my fav rasam. Serves 6 (appx). Don’t forget to try and post the results- good, bad, funny..
Ingredients: Two ripe tomatoes, toor dhal, asafoetida- a small piece, rasam powder, coriander, salt, tamarind
1. Soak tamarind- (size of half a lemon) in warm water for 10 mins.
2. Squeeze and extract pulp.
3. Slighly mash tomatoes with hand and add to the extract with 3 glasses of water.
4. Add salt and asafoetida and boil
5. Add 2 full spoons of rasam powder and allow it to boil for 2 more mins.
6. Take 3 tsps of boiled toor-dhal and mash. Pour the remaining water and add it to rasam.
7. Its time to remove from flame when you see rich yellow froth on top. Add 2 strings of curry leaves and coriander after you remove from flame.
8. Season with mustard and zeera in a tsp full ghee and keep it closed at least for 10 mins before you serve..
Drink hot or eat with hot cooked rice.
Did you like it?