Its summer holidays and am as excited as Vyas and looking forward to a jolly time ahead. Wish the boys don’t watch more TV and work place also declares a summer vacation! Sigh!!
Some summer progress updates:
1. The report card formality happened last week and the teacher was all praises for the big man stepping into Std.IV now! Vyas quietly came up beside me and took his grade sheet. He flashed his 18 (or maybe 22) not-so-white and did that Yesssu! jig (remember the closed-fist-elbow-thrust action done so often by actors and sportsmen? yes, that action!) on seeing a 9/10 in all the subjects, and said in a matter of fact tone: *”Amma, Varunkku admission sure!”
*A few months back, the hubby or I had mentioned in passing that Varun will get admission in the same school only if the anna stays a good boy and does well. We never knew that the boy had given it that serious a thought and had taken it upon himself to secure an admission for his brother. And there is still an year to go! So I have told him to stay on the job for another year and then he is free to go his way;) Yeah, am wicked like that:)
2. Vyas is a tad disappointed with the shuffling happening this year and all his friends moving to different sections.. I’m very disappointed with the cutie girl friends moving to other classes:(
3. He is attending a short cricket camp in school. His feedback on the first 3 days was – BORING! Running in the ground, learning defense, learning the difference between leg side and off side etc apparently is a lot of hard work:) On day 5 of the camp, he demonstrated his knowledge of defense to the coach by racing down the pitch and sending the ball for a four! That is, when he was asked to play defense! Impudence! He will learn:)
4. The long period of abstinence from chocolates-anytime, ice-creams-more-often, cold showers twice a day, chilled juices etc.. comes to an end. Being allergy prone to most of these, he exhibits a great self-control and doesn’t yield to temptation even if a dozen kids around him gulp down bars of chocs or bowls of ice-cream! Love him for that! During summer hols, eat-enjoy-its-okay-to-fall-sick is our motto.
5. What is summer in Chennai if you don’t allow the lovely waves at the beach wash you? The Elliots Beach was packed this weekend and Vyas and the dad thoroughly enjoyed several head-to-toe dips in the beach! Varun was reluctant at first and then he was happy to let the waves heap wet sand on his tiny feet.
6. Made vadu-maanga pickle and vadaams and both turned out decent:) The koozhu which MIL made in her style for the first batch was clearly licked away by the DIL, FIL and daughters. So no vadaams happened the first time. The 2nd and 3rd batch happened my style and that doesn’t tell anything about the flavor of the koozhu. So don’t read too much into it 🙂 The pics and recipes in another post in the other blog (which badly needs life)!
And then, there are vacations!!!!