This post has been long pending for two reasons- i) was on 3 different trips in the last 60 days ii) the real reason being, which 7 random facts to share given the kind of randomness in which i exist!!
But first things first. Thank you so much Ani for passing on this award to me for err.. ahem.. for versatility. Coming from an enterprising, versatile person like you, it is very special:)
1. Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post
2. Tell 7 random facts about yourself
3. Pass the award
The 7 random facts about me
1. The idea of a parallel universe fascinates me no end.. Am very cross with that single quantum event that separates this world from that, but for which, I would have hopped between the two at whim! To put it simply, am a loony of the highest order.
2. I often fantasize being a split personality. As the other personality I’d have set up a grievance (web)cell like Anniyan where the tormented D-I-Ls or on a rare occasion, few M-I-Ls could record their woes. Will strictly mete out punishments as cited in the Garuda Puranam or include special clauses as I doubt if it considers such grounds! This further adds weight to prove point no.1.
Coming to more lighter matters:
3. I am very emotional. To the extent where I’ve cried with some characters in movies… And when watching ‘Azhagi’, I’ve cried buckets- more than Nandita Das and the little girl in the scene where the two meet. And for a brief minute have contemplated how things would have been if my mom had lived somewhere, albeit as a terrorist!
4. I love solitude as much as I love company.. Traveling alone in a train or home alone with just a book for company, shopping alone etc are my ideas of ‘total bliss’.
5. My children- The fact that they need me in this stage of their lives, makes me feel special. At the same time, the knowledge that no one is indispensable makes me feel insecure.. I’m guilty of venting out my anger on my children when it should actually be directed elsewhere..
6. I dread negative people and also hypocrites… I believe negativity is a serious contagious disease..
7. I feel cheated and depressed when my dear ones let me down at a time when I most need them. I think this applies to everyone, no?
Cha… I’ve barely started sharing a few facts and its already time to hit the brakes! And to think that I’ve not said anything about sibling, marriage, books, food, cooking, travel, work, zero driving skills, parenting, alternative career options, and other riff-raff… Sigh.!!
I would like to pass on this award to:
The Print Lover
Chocolate bits (not expecting an acknowledgment. get well soon: miss all those posts and specially the tags!)
smartassbride (i know. i know you were already awarded by your famous sis… )
The Song of Life