..you are every bit still that rasagulla, having the rest of the house orbit around you..
The things I wish for you this year:
1. Good health.. An occasional cough, cold, fever and tummy upset is ok!
2. Happy entry into formal schooling, winning more friends. I know you are going to miss your playschool dearly and also your teacher who thinks you behaved like a perfect kid at that interview, and who taught you to give a ‘tight hug’ 🙂
3. Continued liking for the veggies and fruits, and of course the other fancy food!
4. Out-grow the desire for the following:
1. amma giving you the morning bath.. an easy escape route for your dad:| throw enough tantrum insisting that only dad gives you a bath and washes your bum post the potty, ok?!
2. the tricycle that you insist is the auto-rick.. after all the several careful ‘repairs’ it has suffered in your hands, the pieces are barely holding together.. have some mercy please..
3. the screw-driver and cutting-plier.. you wake up asking for these two.. that is, even before opening your eyes! I give them with instructions to handle carefully, much against everyone’s wish 😐 and you assure me saying, ‘baddhama vachikaraeeeeen, chayyaa..’ pls don’t make me look irresponsible, ok? and here, anna’s memory charm isn’t working either..
4. and of-course, the blue-thing.. you know that appa and I went jean-hunting even the night before your b’day to get the same pair.. we couldn’t find its twin.. So, stop making our lives miserable because we are suffering from a terrible wet-jean-before-he-wakes-up-guilt syndrome.. A heavy cross to bear..
The sweetest words you have been uttering the whole of last year, at least once every day, is DEI ANNA! And almost always, he responds with, “Enna venum da?” 🙂
The best thing you did on your birthday was to wish everyone who called, a Happy Birthday!!
Now my rasagulla, let me wish you in your style- Wish you a happy birthday ‘Fheetheart’!!
PS: This post is late by a day:-)